DEPARTMENT OF ASSAMESE
- History of Early and Medieval Assamese Literature.
- History of Modern Assamese Literature.
- General Linguistics and History of Linguistics.
- Study of Assamese Poetry.
- Study of Assamese Prose.
- Study of Assamese language and Script and Textual Criticism.
- Study of Literary Theory and Literary Criticism (East and West).
- Cultural History of Assam and classification Scopes of Assamese culture.
- Study of Dialectology and Dialects of Assamese Language.
- Study of Comparative Indian Literature.
DEPARTMENT OF B.VOC. (IT)
The learning outcomes for the B.Voc IT state that degree holders possess knowledge of:
- A number of recurring themes, and a set of general principles that have broad application to the field of Information Technology.
- The social, legal, ethical, and cultural issues inherent in the discipline of computing.
- That software systems are used in many different domains. This requires both computing skills and domain knowledge.
- Software development fundamentals, including programming, data structures, algorithms and complexity.
- Systems fundamentals, including architectures and organization, operating systems, networking and communication, parallel and distributed computation, and security.
- Software engineering fundamentals, including software analysis and design, evaluation and testing, and software engineering processes.
- Multiple programming languages, paradigms, and technologies
The learning outcomes for the B.Voc IT state that degree holders can apply the methods and procedures as follows:
- Know how to apply the knowledge they have gained to solve real problems.
- Realize that there are multiple solutions to a given problem and these solutions will have a real impact on people’s lives.
- Communicate their solution to others, including why and how a solution solves the problem and what assumptions were made.
- Successfully apply the knowledge they have gained through project experience.
- Encompass an appreciation for the structure of computer systems and the processes involved in their construction and analysis.
DEPARTMENT OF BOTANY
- Describe general contribution of scientists for development of microbiology.
- Classify micro-organisms and characteristics features of different groups of micro-organisms.
- Describe microbiology of food, milk and milk.
- Scope of biotechnology, application of biotechnology in Agriculture and industry.
- Genetic engineering and its merits and demerits.
- Describe Tissue culture – basic principle, medium, protoplast fusion and somatic hybridization.
- Basic knowledge of industrial microbiology with reference to production of alcohol, vinegar and antibiotic.
DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY
- To understand physical, Inorganic and Organic Chemistry in their advanced treatment.
- To introduced importance of Chemical Thermodynamics, non-transition metals and different types of organic
- To understand Co-ordination Chemistry and Inorganic reaction mechanism.
- To understand methods of preparation, properties and uses of different classes of organic compounds
- To understand principles of electrochemistry and its application
- To understand methods of extraction of natural products, their synthesis and uses.
- To understand kinetics of reactions
- To understand Bio-Chemistry and pharmaceutical compounds
- To have an idea about Quantum Chemistry
- To understand Photochemistry, macromolecules, catalysis and statistical thermodynamics.
- To understand Bio-inorganic chemistry
- To understand basics of spectroscopy
- Introduction to principles of Green Chemistry.
DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS
- To enrich financial knowledge for solving the problem of poverty, illiteracy and malnutrition.
- How industrial development and non-economic use of natural resources become havoc for
environmental damage in our nature. The students can realize the gravity of the situation that it
becomes threat to the universe.
- To understand the real economic situations of Economy and to acquire knowledge of International
- To harness unutilized natural resources through the process of industrialization to solve the problem of
- How to develop service sector in particular reference to tourism, trade and commerce etc.
DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
- To develop an understanding of the basic principles of education.
- To understand the cultural heritage of India.
- To understand education as a process of modification of behavior.
- To acquaint the students with the process and techniques of scientific measurement of human behavior.
- To acquaint the students with the development of ideas, practices, institutions and systems in the field of
- To acquaint the students with the innovations in different aspects in the field of education.
DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH
- Comprehensive knowledge of English social and cultural history.
- Understanding the history and nature of English language and linguistics.
- Knowledge of the major traditions of literature written in English.
- Study of prose, fiction, poetry, drama, philosophy of different traditions including British, Indian and
- Opportunity to study postcolonial texts.
- Develop an ability to study texts in relation to their historical and culture contexts.
- Knowledge of major literary genres, terms and concepts such as modernism and postmodernism.
- Develop the ability to read works of criticism and theory.
- Demonstrate the skills required for conversation in English.
DEPARTMENT OF GEOGRAPHY
- Inter-relation between other subjects as well as relation with other branches of earth sciences
- To acquaint the students with the various sectors of economy and the importance and spatial distribution of
- Ability to identification of climatic differences on the earth and consequences of human activities on the
- Awareness among the students regarding the multi dimensional nature of regional space and the resultant
- To develop skills among the students regarding the use of modern tools and techniques like GPS, GIS,
interpretation and comparison of satellite imagery.
- Ability to know the history of Geographical thoughts through the course of time by the students.
DEPARTMENT OF HISTORY
- Critically analyse sources to interpret data in order to evaluate historical events.
- How policies and practical developed in the past continue to impact their Contemporary lives.
- Develop the ability to distinguish between facts and fiction while understanding the historical truth.
- Develop and informed familiarity with multiple culture.
DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS
Course Outcomes for B.A. /B.Sc.
- Knowledge of Elementary Method in ordinary differential Equation.
- Discussion of a particle in two dimension motion on a smooth sphere, cone and on any surface of revolution.
- Introduction to infinite integral.
- How to develop Numerical Method using C- programming.
- To understand the Metric space, sequence and series of functions.
DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS
- To study the mechanical properties of solid & liquid state of matter.
- Study of thermal properties of matter. Transformation of energy in different brands such as magnetic and
- Optical properties of specific materials like glass, lens etc. and study of diffraction, polarization and fibre
- To study anantum behavior of atomic phenomenon’s.
- To study mathematical behaviors of physical laws.
- To study the nuclear and atomic phenomenon’s in microscopic and macroscopic dimensions.
- To study the properties of electrons in metals, semiconductors, insulators and nenomaterials.
- To study the relation between statistical and classical behavior of functions of distinguishable and
- To study the physical processes going on inside stars and galaxies.
- To study the branches of LASER and MASER and its application.
DEPARTMENT OF POLITICAL SCIENCE
- To against the students of Political Science with the processes and dynamics of Indian politics.
- To against the students with the basic concept, principles and dynamics of public Administration.
- Concerned with the important theories and issues of International Relations.
- Introduce the students with the diverse political system.
- Provide knowledge on the basic concepts of the discipline.
- Concerned with the different issues of Human Rights.
- To generate sensitization for women’s issues and problems.
- To familiarize with the problems and prospects of Rural Development in India.
DEPARTMENT OF SOCIOLOGY
- The course aims at the understanding of Sociology, its background both in west and Indies
- The course aims at acquainting the students with the frame work of India social system
- It helps the students in acquiring knowledge on the research related activities.
- The course helps the students in understanding the nature, characteristics of heterogeneous social system
of North-Eastern India.
- “Health is primarily a social science subject than of medical science”- the study of the course will help to realize the reality of the above statement.
- Upliftment of rural poor is the main goal of today’s India. The course helps in understanding the R.D.
Programmes taken by the govt.
DEPARTMENT OF ZOOLOGY
- Describe about classification, diversity, anatomy of non-chordates and chordates.
- About basic concept of biochemistry, bioinstrumentation and biostatistics, cell biology, histology,
histochemistry and developmental biology.
- Basic knowledge of genetics, human genetics, evolution, environmental issues and wildlife, human
physiology, endocrine system of human & other animals.
- Basic concepts of parasitism, vectors, diseases, pathogen city and ethology.
- Details about molecular biology, immunology, biotechnology, bioinformatics.
- Basic knowledge of application biology-apiculture, sericulture, aquaculture, piggery etc.
DEPARTMENT OF SANSKRIT
- Discuss the basic theories of Sanskrit Grammar.
- Analyse the cultural heritage of India. Ancient Indian literature and i9ts influence on later literature and
- Highlight various moral lessons which helps to improve morality/ pertaining to morals an ethical judgment.
- Analyse the basic concepts of various branches of Indian philosophy.
- To enrich the basic concepts of translation from Sanskrit to other language and vice-verse.
- Discuss the ancient science of Technology, Medical Science, and Astronomy Mathematics etc. which is
called the foundation of Modern Science of Technology and others respectively.